Nuverra brings innovative thinking to an age-old problem by turning drilling waste into 100% recycled products with its newest service, Terrafficient℠. The Terrafficient℠ service includes an earth-efficient process that reduces the environmental risk of disposing drill cuttings at wellsites and landfills. As a result, we generate safe, beneficial products for reuse in general fill, flowable fill, road base, and more. Terrafficient℠ service is good for the operator, good for the community, and good for the Earth.
The only solution that puts drilling waste to work.
The Terrafficient℠ service provides a simple, efficient and complete solids management solution.
- Comprehensive field coordination.
- Fewer truck miles when compared to other offsite solids management options.
- Eliminates costs of solidification, construction and reclamation of cuttings pits, while reducing solids control equipment.
- Specially designed equipment for safe collection and transportation to a 24/7 Terrafficient℠ Processing Facility.
Terrafficient℠ Certification validates that our proprietary service complies with all applicable state and federal health and environmental regulations, and that resulting by-products have been scientifically tested and approved as safe for reuse. Our advanced service guarantees your solids have been treated properly.
Backed by Science
Terrafficient℠ service results are verified by third-party research conducted by the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC) — one of the world’s leading developers of clean and efficient energy technologies. Your drilling solids have been treated to exacting specifications for reuse.
“The Terrafficient℠ service is a game-changer in oil industry cuttings management options.”
– John Harju, Associate Director of Research, Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC)
Our Terrafficient℠ Service Facility is located at the Nuverra Environmental Treatment Center in the heart of the Bakken Shale region, approximately 5 miles west of Watford City, ND, and 1 mile south of Highway 85.
13195 26th Street NE
Arnegard, ND 58835
View on map
Rustin Nordsven at 701-580-5490 or by email at